Monday, February 1, 2010

The Lord blesses you in His Work


Sheesh, in 27 days is my birthday!  I'll be 20, geez I'm old.  I still feel like 16 haha.  But in some ways, I feel like 40 too =P.  It's a funky time-warp thing.  I don't understand, but I don't ask questions.

So next week, we go to the temple on Tuesday!  Should be excellent.  If I'm not mistaken, we get to do a session and baptisms as well, so that will be awesome.  But the bad part is that it changes my P-day to Tuesday as well (we always go on P-days and the temple is closed on Mondays), so I'm not sure if I'll have the opportunity to use the computer or not.  So if you don't get an email from me next Tuesday, that's why and I'll write one the following Monday as usual.  But I'm way stoked for the temple, you can't imagine lol.

This change will go by so fast.  Every Wednesday we teach English classes in the church.  Then this Friday, we have a missionary activity in the ward - Elder Ganga and I along with the other 2 missionaries who work in our ward are doing an activity with the Book of Mormon.  We're going to first give a lesson on the Book of Mormon.  Then we'll give everybody a copy to write their testimonies in.  The ideal situation is everybody can bring a friend to whom they can give that Book of Mormon, but if they can't, they'll go out with us one day and help give it away to an investigator.  Should be pretty sweet.  Anyway, and then we have the temple the next week,  2 weeks with nothing special, the week after is my birthday, and then the week after that is changes.  It's going to fly by way fast.  I'm excited for this month haha.


Elder Ganga and I set a goal for this month to find and baptize 3 families before March (or at least before the next round of changes on March 10 - hey, what a great day!  haha).  We already know 1 family and there's a lot of hope with them.  1 family we are going to start teaching this week so we'll see how that goes.  And the last family we have in mind who they are, but we need to work with a member because they only speak Guarani.  They're great as well.  And if they don't work out, we'll find more families.  There's always more people who are ready to accept the Gospel.  The trick is being sensitive enough to listen to the Spirit when it tells you who they are.  Always something to learn here on the mission haha.

I was thinking about how incredibly hard a mission really is.  Sometimes us missionaries don't really realize it, but it's true.  I was looking at all the things we have done, that we are doing, and that we still need to do, and it's incredible haha.  I couldn't even begin to explain everything you need to be able to do to be a missionary.  We plan EVERYTHING, we have meetings with leaders of the ward, we do activities, we teach, we find people, and so much more - not to mention it's all in Spanish lol.  It's ridiculous how much is involved with a mission.  But I'm learning sooo so much from it.  I can do like 30 things at once now hah, I've learned to manage stress better, and so many more things.  It's pretty sweet the way the Lord blesses you in His work, no matter how difficult it is.  It doesn't seem that way because He makes it easy for you, just like the scriptures promise.  I love being a missionary.

Sorry, no photos this week, I forgot my camera!  Haha.  Next time though, and hopefully they'll be of my temple trip!  Love you all 

No comments:

Post a Comment