Monday, August 22, 2011

Will Ye Also Go Away?


Man, something funny always happens to me.  There are a lot of people here who don´t know about missionary work or who have very misguided ideas of what we do.  But there is one thing that people who don´t know anything about the church usually ask me:  "When you go home, are you going to continue in this church and still be Mormon?"  Uhh....duh!  Haha.  It´s like when Christ asked His apostles, "Will ye also go away?" and good old Peter says something along the lines of "Where would we go?  For thou hast the words of eternal life."  This isn´t a "job" that I´m doing here or just a gig that I´ll come here, complete the task, and go home and be "normal" again.  I´ll never be normal again.  (I don´t know if I was ever really "normal", but you know what I mean haha).  Nothing in life nor death could ever separate me from this Gospel and this Church.

This week I have more pictures, and I took some time giving some tips and instructions to my dad in another email for when he gets here, so my time is short.  But I´ll attach the pictures to this email and promise to write
something good my last 2 emails home.  I hope everyone that has a patriarchal blessing gets it out after reading this and reads it again.  You´ll get something new out of it, I promise.

173 - If you don´t laugh at this, you´re dead inside.  She totally just came out like this.
148 - I call this "The Night Paraguay Died"
153 - Crazy sunset
161 - "Día del Niño" in church
170 - Area in our zone.  Welcome to Paraguay.

I love and miss you all!
-Élder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment