Monday, April 5, 2010

We ate Duck and Crocodile! Tastes Like Chicken!



Hey everyone!

Not much time this week, we had to figure out how to write our letters to President Callan with the new system we´re using so that took some time to set that up.  But a few quick things so you´ll have something at least.

First, conference was sweet!  We didn´t get to go to the first saturday session because you have to bring investigators to go, but all the other ones we went to.  Saturday we watched all in Spanish, and Sunday they set up a room for us missionaries to listen in English hahah so that was cool.  Some really good talks, I loved it.

People are naturally good I´ve learned.  We took this 8 year old kid and his brother to one of the conference sessions with us.  They have a rough life.  Not very well off financially in the family, live with their grandma and a few other relatives, and everyone just yells at each other.  The 12 year old is Luis, and he got baptized a few months before I got here.  His little brother Kevin is 8, and he is usually bouncing off the walls.  Seriously, he is so crazy.  I´ve never seen a kid with more energy than this little guy, he´s seriously nuts.  But we were at conference, and he got hungry so we walked out and bought him some cookies (it was the saturday session, don´t worry =P).  Well he saved like 3 cookies, and was holding them very tightly like protecting him.  I asked him "Kevin aren´t you going to eat those too?" and he looks at me and smiles real big and says "Nope, I´m going to save them for my grandma.  She loves these."  It was just really cool to me that this little 8 year old wild child who was so hungry and begging us to get him some food would still think about his grandma and want to do something nice for her.
 

I´m so glad mom forwarded me the email from bryce´s first week!  Sounds like he´s doing really well and loving it, like I knew he would.  And he´s district leader, that´s my boy!  Taking after me looks like ;) haha.  He´s a champ, I can tell by his first email that he´s going to do really well on his mission.  Makes me remember how much fun the MTC was and how much I miss my district =P.  Tell him I said to keep going with that attitude and he´ll have such an awesome mission.

And for the final news of this week (and possibly the most interesting), I had an interesting lunch this passed thursday:  we ate duck and crocodile.  Haha!  The duck was with noodles in some pasta, and it was actually really good.  We had some bread too and other Paraguayan stuff, and the crocodile was surprisingly good.  It smelled so bad like fish, but it really didn´t taste like it.  Tasted more like chicken with a lot more flavor.  I liked it haha, and now I can say I´ve eaten crocodile, which is something most people can´t say.  We want to try pirana next haha.  We´ll see what kind of crazy stuff we eat next time with this family.

Ok out of time for this week.  Sorry it´s so short.  Love and miss you all!

-Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment